Catholic Citizenship Essay Contest
The St. Theresa Knights of Columbus 2657 Council, is sponsoring a 'Catholic Citizenship Essay Contest'.
The contest is open to all Catholic Students, in public, private or parochial schools in grades 8-12.
Contest Entry forms will be provided to St. Theresa Catholic School, as well as the St. Theresa Church Parish office.
- The contest essay theme is "How does your family keep its Catholic Faith in Action".
- (Examples include putting your Catholic faith in actions through daily family prayer, volunteering to help needy in community, reminding those in your life how much they mean to you, etc.)
- Essay must be student’s original work.
- Essay must be typed on an 8/5x11 paper one sided, double spaces with 1" margins.
- Essay should consist of 500-750 words.
- The student’s name should appear only on the official KofC Catholic Citizenship Essay Contest entry form, signed by parent/guardian, and stapled to essay.
- One winning entry from each grade will advance to the next level of competition.
- Deadline for essay entry is Monday, October 29. Returned to St. Theresa Catholic School or the St. Theresa Church Parish office.
- Essays will be judged on a 100 point scoring system:
- 35 points for theme clarity.
- 30 points for proper sentence and paragraph structure, and proper spelling.
- 35 points for creativity, imagination, and style
- Each Diocesan Winners in each grade level will receive a plaque.
- All State Runner-ups in each grade level receive a $100 check and certificate.
- All State Winners in each grade level receive a $200 check and plaque.
- All State Winning essays compete in the KofC Supreme Essay Contest
- The top international winner in each grade level receives $300.
- Two Runners-up in each grade level will receive $100 each.
More information can be found via the link below: